My Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Decor

I love Jersey cows.  But if you know me, you already know that.  

My vision for our new kitchen includes a mostly white space with the blue island we chose last summer and accented with farm themed decor in mustard/Dijon yellow, teals and blues. A look that coordinates, but reflects our personalities and makes us feel happy.

I've had this Jersey advertising piece for a long time, for probably the last 10 years, it's been sitting on a shelf inside of a corner cupboard in a cheap (and very ugly) faux oak frame waiting for me to do something with it.  I originally purchased this vintage advertising piece because it coordinates with another that I have (see below), but aside from having it re-framed recently, I've not had a grand plan for what I was going to do with it.  While I still don't have a fully formed plan, I did find these awesome antique Majolica (Shawnee) pitchers earlier this week at an auction and I am in love with how they pair with this Jersey piece! I can't wait to finalize this grouping, which I think are destined for a shelf display that's in the works for the kitchen.


These wooden signs were my inspiration for the kitchen decor (minus the Christmas woodland themed tree that's still up from the holidays). These were a gift from my mother a long time ago; 15 to 16 years years ago maybe.  Of all the decor in my home, these two are my favorite pieces!

Comments